From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Two Kayaks - A Love Story

Spent the day kayaking, yesterday.

Two kayaks.
Two paddles.
Two people.

Two ideas of kayaking fun. 
His:  Fishing and Exploring. 
Mine:  Reading and Relaxing.

He caught fish.
I caught up on my reading.

He explored.
I relaxed.

He loved the sounds of nature.
I loved the sound of silence.

He toted a 'dry bag.'
I didn't need a 'dry bag', since I had no intention of getting wet.

Our common ground?
  • We each own a yellow kayak.  His is sit IN.  Mine is sit ON.
  • We each love the water.  He, IN it.  Me, ON it.
  • We both love maneuvering the rapids.  I fall out.  He rescues me.
  • We each appreciate wildlife.  He, up close and personal.  Me, from a significant distance.
We're a team.
  • We work together, toward a common goal
  • We respect each other's differences.
  • We harmonize our contributions to the cause.
  • We each contribute to the overall well-being of the team.
Sometimes the teamwork is a breeze.  Other times, we can work up quite a sweat.

We refuse to give up, but will often give in.  Whatever it takes to have a winning team.

I love our team, and our teamwork.

'Many waters cannot quench love.  Neither can the floods drown it.' - Song of Solomon 8:7

'As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.' - Joshua 24:15

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...