From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Road Trip - Part One. Preparations

Are we there yet?

Hey ... Isn't it the 'getting there' that's supposed to be so much fun?

Soon, I'll be hittin' the open road that leads to Jacksonville, Florida. 

On my own. 

Yikes!

My directionally-challenged behaviors are certain to make this lone excursion, at the very least, interesting if not amusing.

Yup, I've got one of those GPS doohickeys close-at-hand.  But, my hearing disability leaves me at a certain disadvantage, potentially causing me to unintentionally ignore the GPS-guy while he politely informs me (over and over again) he's 'recalculating', due to a turn I missed ... 15 miles ago.

Take a map?

Nope. 

I don't do maps. 

If maps were designed with cute little pictures of landmarks, rather than boring street names and highway numbers, that'd be a different story.  That'd be a map I could deal with ... one with a woman's touch.

That'll be my next big project.

But for now, I'm in preparation mode for the National Right To Life Convention, 2011.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...