From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rise Up and Call Her Blessed on Mother's Day, May 8, 2011

My Mom ... My personal 'Proverbs 31' lady.   
  • The heart of her husband trusts in her. - Proverbs 31: 11
  • She works with willing hands. - Proverbs 31: 13
  • She rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household. - Proverbs 31: 15
  • She dresses herself with strength. - Proverbs 31: 17
  • Her lamp does not go out at night - Proverbs 31: 18
  • She opens her hands to the poor, and reaches out her hands to the needy. - Proverbs 31: 20
  • Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders. - Proverbs 31: 23
  • Strength and dignity are her clothing. - Proverbs 31: 25
  • She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. - Proverbs 31: 26
  • Her children rise up and call her blessed. - Proverbs 31: 28
That's her. 
That's my Mom. 

I'm so thankful God made her mine.  And, I'm appreciative of her self-sacrificing example.

Now, Mother's Day is just around the corner.  Must remember to put the card and gift in the mail tomorrow.

Oh, what I'd give to be with my Mom on Mother's Day this year.  But time changes things ...

Physically - 550 miles separate us.

Emotionally - Nothing can separate our Mother/Daughter bond.

It is my honor to call Thais Eileen Kamiske Ghiata, 'Mom.'

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. 

I love you.

Lori (a.k.a. 'Little Papoochnick')

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...