From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Fashion Plate - Not!

I'm quite comfortable with the skin I'm in.  So, I don't feel any particular peer pressure to spice up my wardrobe.

So fixated am I on my uniform of choice:  t-shirts, blue jeans, and bare feet (as discussed in my recent blog), that I'm doubtful anyone has ever mistaken my identity with that of a fashion magazine super model.

Nope.  I'll be the first to admit that I am not at all the fashion plate.



My kids, in fact, get quite a kick out of rummaging through my clothes closet only to find a lot of boredom hanging (no pun intended) around in there.  My t-shirts, for example.  All the same style, just displayed in a rainbow of colors.

I lack any variety when it comes down to my footwear as well.  Same styles.  Different colors.  Most are patent leather.  And, lots of 'em.  I can't help myself.  Its a "girl-thing."  Even though I prefer sportin' my bare naked feet, and bright pink toenails.

Same old story with my socks and underwear.  Plentiful and colorful, though not of the leather variety.

My blue jeans?  All bought at the same place, at the same time, and off the same designer's rack.  Hey!  I recognize a good deal when I see one.

My kids have even been known to introduce their friends to my bedroom closet, and indulge in a bit (or a lot) of insuppressible laughter at my fashion sense (or nonsense).  Apparently, they're easily entertained.

Joe (my husband) doesn't even waste his precious time anymore inquiring what I'm going to wear on a particular day.  He already knows.  He just doesn't know what color.  A girl's gotta keep some things a mystery.

I'm not really a cheapskate.  Well maybe I am, though I prefer to think that I'm a woman "adorning myself in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation ... not with gold or pearls or costly clothing." - 1 Timothy 2: 9

Yeah ... that's it.  I'll go with that one.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...