From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lindsey's Jesus

Lindsey is our precious seven-year-old granddaughter.  She's "Princess" to her mommy and daddy and, in fact, to all of us who love her so much.



Lindsey has Tay Sachs Disease.  If you're unfamiliar with the disease and its process, please scroll down until you reach my two earlier posts about Lindsey - both dated June 21, 2010.

There is no treatment.

There is no cure.

There is no fairness.

This has been a particularly rough week for Lindsey.  The breaths we all take in and out, moment by moment, we seem most often to take for granted.  Such is not the case for Lindsey. 

For Lindsey, breathing is a mighty and exhausting task.

In the case that you're wondering "Where is God in all this?" ...
  • He's with Lindsey every minute of every day.
  • He has his loving arms wrapped tightly around her precious body, around the clock.
  • He's with her Mommy and Daddy, giving them guidance, comfort, and reassurance of the hope we all have in Jesus.
  • He's with her Gramma (me) and Papa Joe (Lindsey gave her Grampa that name), comforting us as well.
  • He's continually walking side by side with all of us who love Lindsey so much.  He never leaves.  Thank God.
  • He's touching hearts because Lindsey's story is so powerful.
  • He's allowing others to observe His mightiness through the undying love and care provided to Lindsey by her Mommy and Daddy every minute of every day.
  • He's caused others to reach out to us, wrap their own loving arms around us, and to make God's presence so real, so wonderful, so perfect.  I am so glad to be a part of the family of God.
  • He's strengthening hearts like nothing we've ever before experienced.
  • He's causing us to lean on Him more and more each day.
  • He's allowing us to share Lindsey's story with others, and bring Glory to Jesus' name through it all.
  • He has a purpose in everything He allows, even though we might not have a clue regarding that purpose right now.  But, I know His purpose will be revealed in His perfect timing.
That all being said, I am choosing to trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding.  In all my ways, I will acknowledge Him. ... see Proverbs 3: 5-6.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...