From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Storybook Islands & Heaven

Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Edgartown:  Storybook-like islands Joe and I visited last week, accompanied by delightful new friends we met on our Holiday Tours trip.



With relative ease, I can envision myself living in Edgartown (my favorite) peacefully contented for the remainder of my life. 

That is, if money grew on trees.

Alas!  Its only a dream.  And, likely a dream that hasn't even a glimmer of a chance of transforming into reality.  But, I'm okay with that - simply because digging up my North Carolina roots and transplanting them in Massachusetts would surely diminish my opportunities for a "grandkid-fix."  Its doubful I'd be successful in convincing my kids to move there just so this gramma can spoil her grandkids - rotten.

And, to my knowledge, my kids and kids-in-law haven't stumbled upon any money trees either. 

Edgartown's cottages are beyond adorably quaint.  If you're on Facebook, check 'em out - I've posted pics.  Our afternoon stroll was surreal, like we were smack dab in the middle of a storybook, as tranquility saturated our entire beings.

And to think strolling along the streets of Heaven is going to be even better. 

Glorious!

Lovingly, I recall years ago listening admiringly as my dear Grandma Ghiata (who now lives in Heaven with Jesus) played her pump organ so beautifully while while singing a favorite old hymn.  The chorus went like this:

Oh, that will be glory for me,
Glory for me.
Glory for me.
When by His grace, I shall look on His face,
That will be glory,
Be glory for me.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...