From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Monday, September 27, 2010

Nutritional Therapy


Dieting ... Ugh!  Back at it once again ... for about the gazillionth time.  Well, a gazillion might be a stretch of my own imagination, but there's no denying that dieting is a pastime of which I am intimately familiar.

Of all the years I've ridden the dieting roller coaster, my best guess is that I've lost nearly 500 pounds ... altogether.  No joke!

Out of curiosity, I looked up the definition of "dieting" this morning.  What did I discover?  Get a load of this:
  • nutritional therapy
  • sustenance
and ...
  • abstinence from food
  • starvation
What?  Abstaining from food is nutritionally therapeutic?  And starvation sustains you?

I might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but ... again - What?

Nonetheless, I will begin this new day abstaining from food (well at least the three c's ... chocolate, chips, and cookies) and enduring that starved-to-death feeling in an all-out attempt to regain my girlish figure ... for the gazillionth time.

Psalm 107: 9 - "He (God) satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness."

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...