From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Monday, March 9, 2015

Hope

There's light at the tunnel's end?

HOPE so.

Believing in HOPE
Didn't ask to go through it.  Never dreamed of going through it.

Too dark.  Too long.  Too exhausting.

Not a hint of light.  Not even a glimmer.  Not yet anyways. 

Still ... refusing to lose HOPE.

Still ... believing in HOPE.

'At least there's HOPE.' 
(said someone dear to my heart, whose heart is HOPEFUL.)

No light yet.  But it's there.
Just haven't reached it yet.  It's coming.

I KNOW so!

HOPE is:
  • not a notion, but a confidence
  • not a wish, but a promise
  • not a guess, but a belief
  • not an assumption, but an assurance
I am confident of Jesus' promise that if I believe, I am assured of HOPE.

1 Peter 3:15
'... Always be prepared to give an answer
to everyone who asks you
to give the reason for the hope that you have.'

Romans 8:24 & 25
'... But hope that is seen is no hope at all.
Who hopes for what they already have?
But if we hope for what we do not yet have,
we wait for it patiently.'

Micah 7:7
'As for me, I watch in hope for the Lord.
I wait for God my Savior.
My God will hear me.'


Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...