From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Learning to Lean on Jesus ... Still.

I have fond memories of getting all dressed up in my Sunday best when I was a little girl, in preparation for worship at the small chapel we attended in Dearborn, Michigan. 

Even now, as I close my dog-tired eyes in quiet reminiscence, I can still hear the glorious sound of the chapel's sanctuary being filled with the precious voices of dear, devoted Christians harmonizing while proclaiming that they were learning to lean on Jesus.

Are you familiar with the song?

     Learning to lean.
     Learning to lean.
     I'm learning to lean on Jesus.
     Finding more power than I'd ever dreamed,
     I'm learning to lean on Jesus.

     The joy I can't explain fills my heart,
     Since the day I made Jesus my King;
     His blessed Holy Spirit is leading my way,
     He's teaching and I'm learning to lean.

     There's glorious victory each day now for me,
     Since I found His peace so serene;
     He helps me with each task, if only I'll ask,
     Every day now, I'm learning to lean.

I'm STILL learning.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...