From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hammock In The Shade

My toes are calling.

They're begging to feel the sands of Carolina's beaches between them.

'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place,
and get some rest.'
Mark 6:31

The rest of my body parts are chiming in, 'We wanna go, too.'

All the while, I'm thinking, 'Y'know, I've got some pretty smart toes.  Quite brilliant, actually.' 

Apparently, they know me better than I know myself.  And right now, they know I long for a break.

Just wish I could find a place on the beach to hang a hammock.  Between two palm trees, perhaps? 

A hammock in the shade ... that's the ticket. 

Twin palm trees, freshly painted pink toenails, a never-ending glass of lemonade (I'm not Southern enough yet to handle sweet tea), a beach bag chock full of good books that have been snoozing on my bookshelf waaaay too long, and me - snug as a bug in my hammock.

Nothing too serious, though.  Book-wise, that is.

I'm thinking more along the lines of mysterious fiction.  Something that will allow for appropriate periods of catching the zzz's that I crave.

That's it!  An effortless reading/dreaming day in a hammock in the shade at the beach.

Just doing as I'm told ...

MARK 6: 31  ...  'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place, and get some rest.'

Don't know when it'll all come to pass ... But, that's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...