From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby, Its Cold Outside

Brrr.  Its mighty chilly in Asheville's mountains this weekend.

Frrr-eezing.



And, I'm lovin' it.

Matter-of-fact, its the weather my soul cried out for during those dog days of Summer when it seemed I was forever mopping the sweat from my brow ... and, just about every other body part.

In wintry weather at least, I have the option of choosing the degree of warmth my body maintains ...
  • sweatshirt ... or, not.
  • extra blanket ... or, not.
  • crank up the heat ... or, not.
  • snuggle with the hubby ... or, not.
... unless I'm hot-flashing.  Unfortunately, there's no option there.

Even if the frigid weather causes ice to form on power lines, increasing the chances of my home's power going out, I have the option of building a cozy fire in the wood stove ... or, not.

Summer's heat doesn't even come close to allowing for comparable option-variety.

I like options!  And, I like to keep them open.

One exception ...
  • where I'll spend eternity.

Eternity offers only two options:
  1. Heaven
  2. Hell
I've chosen option #1.

I'm praying other folks opt to do the same.

I understand the temperature is perfect there.  Unlike option #2.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...