From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Monday, July 5, 2010

An Invitation for God's Presence

When I purposefully chose to give thanks in everything during the past few weeks, God answered with an obvious "Yes!" to my invitation to bless me with His presence. The Bible tells me so. 

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
     - 1 Thessalonians 5: 18

Lately, I've spent a bit of time in quiet introspection regarding every single word in that verse.  But, I've made an even more deliberate decision to focus on the word "in."

I'll paraphrase ...

What God desires of me, is to give Him thanks IN every situation - whether disappointment or excitement, heartbreak or contentment, grief or relief.  IN so doing, I have INvited His presence IN every circumstance.  ("In", not "for.")

That's not at all to say I'm going to do handsprings no matter what comes my way.  But, I know that IN the end, His plan and His timing will prove to be perfect.

Then, I'll do the handsprings!

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...