From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Friday, July 9, 2010

Daydreams

Daydreams can be quite pleasureable pastimes. 

For instance, during my alone time on the road leading to Asheville to visit with our precious granddaughter, Lindsey - our Princess - and her Momma and Daddy, I daydream all the way there and all the way back.

Daydreaming makes the five-hour round trip worth every single minute!

What daydreams do I enjoy so much on those Asheville trips?
  • The days when Lindsey's Daddy was her age.
  • The days when I was Lindsey's age.
  • The days when Lindsey would shout out "Goal!" when she and her Daddy's favorite soccer teams scored.
  • The days when Lindsey watched Dora or the Backyardigans while visiting us - her Gramma and Papa Joe.
  • The days when Lindsey and our Yorkie, Scrappy would sit on Lindsey's favorite princess chair together and watch cartoons.
  • The days of "hide 'n seek" with Lindsey.  Behind the couch was her favorite hiding spot.  Although, one time I found her trying to hide in her overnight bag.  Too cute!
  • The day Lindsey thought she was being sneaky by hiding behind the couch, taking her eye patch off, and sticking the eye patch to the back side of the leather couch.  So cute!  So, we left the eye patch right where Lindsey evidently thought was the perfect spot for it ... until we sold the couch ... then, I lovingly framed the precious pink camoflouge eye patch.
  • The days of singing silly songs with Lindsey.
  • The days of Lindsey's belly-laughs while singing those silly songs.
  • The day / the moment when Lindsey decided her Grampa's name was PaPa Joe.
  • The days when Lindsey would ride on PaPa Joe's shoulders during their nature-discovering trips in the woods near our home.
  • The day Lindsey rode on her PaPa Joe's shoulders the entire day at the zoo.  PaPa Joe's shoulders never got tired, by the way.  Not ever!
  • The days when Lindsey and I would walk hand-in-hand through the neighborhood, discussing nothing in particular - but, everything wonderful.
  • The days when Lindsey picked flowers from our flower garden to make her Gramma happy.  Smart little girl!  It worked every time!
I treasure every precious daydream.  Dreams that already came true.

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...