From my heart ...

From my heart ...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Simpler Life

Simply put, I long for a simpler life.

But ...
  • Not so simple that feeding my passion to solve the world's problems is neglected.
  • Not so simple that feeding my passion for alone-time with Jesus is abandoned.
  • Not so simple that feeding my passion to assist those in need is untended.
  • Not so simple that feeding my passion to spread the Gospel of Christ is tossed aside.
  • Not so simple that feeding my passion to be a voice for the unborn is disregarded.
  • Not so simple that feeding my passion for writing is postponed; and,
  • Not so simple that feeding my passion for family intimacy is overlooked. 
On second thought, maybe its not at all the simpler life that I crave.

Perhaps I simply desire to remain on this self-imposed, not-so-simple 'Lori expedition', but at a pace that's more relaxed and slowed down a bit.

But, wait just a minute ...

'But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not be faint.'  - Isaiah 40: 31

'Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.'  - Galatians 6: 9

Okay ... Never mind.

Gotta run.

Just scratched my whole 'simpler life' plan.

... That didn't last long!

Outta Control

I'd like to think that I'm far from being a control freak.  I'd like to think that I'm more than willing to allow others to ...